Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Kookaburra's Flat Stanley

In January I went fishing at Lake of the Woods in northern Minnesota. Woo Hoo!
We drove our truck 8 miles on the frozen lake to the place we were going to fish.


Here is a picture of me with a fish I caught through a hole in the ice. It was cold outside. Brrr.





This fish is a Walleye.




We sat in a little house on the lake ALL DAY! It was very warm in the little house and I was bored most of the day, but it was fun to catch fish!





Here is a picture of the little house and our truck with all of our supplies. My friends called the little house a shack.








There were so many shacks on the lake I could not count them all. If you look closley you can see a bunch of them in this picture.






Here is a picture of my friends fishing. There is an open part in the floor where you try to catch fish through the holes in the ice. The shacks were not very big.


This is me with my fishing pole. Can you see the holes in the ice and the cracks in the ice?








What a fun trip!





























































































































































1 comment:

  1. Looks like Flat Stanley had a great time fishing! How many fish did you catch in all?? Pretty soon you should be able to fish without the ice shacks since the lakes are melting!
    Love,
    Kookaburra and the Class of 2022

    ReplyDelete