Sunday, February 5, 2012

Donkey's Deployed Flat Stanley Reporting!


Hello Ms. Appl's 2nd Grade Class!  Donkey's Flat Stanley and I have had a lot of adventures while we are both deployed to Kabul, Afghanistan.  He has been with me on missions, to the U.S. Embassy and all over NKC (New Kabul Compound) where I live.  He has also made a lot of new friends on the task force where I work over here.  As you will see in the pictures, Flat Stanley is fitting in very well - everyone likes him (even though he does not say a lot!). 

We will leave here at the end of the month and head home to Kansas.  I will have been in Afghanistan for 6 months.  A couple of weeks after I get back my wife and I are going on a cruise to Hawaii.  I will ask her if Flat Stanley can come with us as he will deserve some rest and relaxation after working so hard to serve his country in Afghanistan!

Hope you kids enjoy all the pictures, if you have any questions please send me an email - I would be happy to hear from you.

God bless you all and the United States of America!  Dean
F.S. and I (Dean)

 F.S. and I at the US Embassy in Kabul
 F.S. at the gazebo at NKC
 F.S. builds a snowman!
 F.S. driving in Kabul
 F.S. enjoying a steak at the DFAC (dining facility)
 F.S. fell in a snow bank!
 F.S. gearing up for a mission
 F.S. getting dressed
 F.S. goes shopping
 F.S. got blown over by Chinook helicopter landing at NKC
 F.S. in the bathroom :)
 F.S. looking out at hill full of houses that overlooks NKC
 F.S. looking at the row of outside bathrooms
 F.S. on an MRAP (mine resistant, ambush protected)
 F.S. running - fast!
 F.S. typing a classified report
 F.S. waking up
 F.S. with Brian and Ken
 F.S. with Eric
 F.S. with Larry
 F.S. with the sock monkey
F.S. with Vinnie

1 comment:

  1. We LOVED all the pictures! We are so proud of you, your friends, and Flat Stanley for serving our country! You are all HEROES! We are wondering if Flat Stanley is gaining any weight, because he sure had a lot of food on his plate to eat! He looks like he has made a lot of new soldier friends also & is learning a lot! Can't wait to see more pictures!!
    Love,
    Donkey and the Class of 2022

    ReplyDelete