Friday, April 19, 2013

Bear's Fun Day at the Stables



Hello again everybody!  Stanley has enjoyed his stay here in Dallas with Cody, myself and Harley.  He's having so much fun going around town with us.  Recently, I signed up to take an extra class outside of my schooling as a Chiropractor.  I signed up to learn about Animal Chiropractic.  Just like adjusting human spines, I will be adjusting animal spines like horses, cats, and dogs.  Stanley got to go to one of the stables with me this past weekend to observe the adjustments being performed on the horses.


  PICTURE: This is the wonderful Dr. Neal adjusting “Ally’s” neck.




Stanley learned a lot about Chiropractic and how it is so important for your spine.  He had forgotten a little about our conversations in earlier posts, but I took the time to remind him.  He had no idea the nervous system, or the “master system” as we call it, could do so much.  He learned that the brain and spinal cord make up the nervous system and it’s in charge of controlling all the organs, muscles and bones that move your body. Sometimes a subluxation can occur in your body, and cause the organs to not talk to the brain very well.  Stanley learned that a subluxation is just something that interrupts the brain from talking to all organs, muscles and bones. Stanley was a little confused what a subluxation was, so I explained: think of a subluxation as static on a telephone line.  When you’re talking to someone on a phone, and there is static on the line, you can’t understand what they’re staying.  But when it’s removed, the message becomes clear.  A chiropractor’s job is to remove that static, or subluxation from the body. 
Humans get these subluxations all the time, even when they are born.  But many people don’t realize that animals have spines too! So they get subluxated just like their human caretakers.  I’m learning how to remove subluxations from both people AND animals, so that they can have a healthier spine.  Because when you’re SPINE’S in LINE, you’ll feel FINE; Stanley really likes that motto J
PICTURE: Stanley is in front of another teacher, Dr. Browning.  He's adjusting "Cody's" neck.



PICTURE: Here I am adjusting a horses skull.  Chiropractors call this area the ‘occiput.’  It’s kind of a weird word but it’s pretty much the head of the horse.  This horse was experiencing some headaches, feeling tired, and like it just didn’t want to do anything.  So I examined its head and it turned out it needed an adjustment.  Afterwards, the horse was good as new and felt like a million bucks $$.. Stanley got to witness the whole thing!  He knew Bear back home had been around horses and couldn’t wait to tell him about his adventures to the stables.
  


PICTURE: The picture of Stanley in front of the book is just one of the many books I’m going to be reading as I study Animal Chiropractic.  Stanley had a blast at the stables with me and my friend from Chiropractic College.  There were so many horses and dogs, that he had a hard time keeping up with their names!



This was a HUGE arena.  There were over 40 horses in which we got to practice adjusting.
I am also learning how to adjust cats and dogs.  So I thought I'd add a picture of me adjusting Harley's pelvis (hips) which is the left picture.  The right picture is me adjusting a horse a while back during the 1rst module we learned.  Stanley said it was too cold, so he didn't join me during that module.

Well I’ve had fun with Stanley and running around Dallas with him.  We have one more big adventure planned before he has to come home.  But until then, I’ll talk to y'all later! 




No comments:

Post a Comment