Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Jellyfish-Flat Stanley going home

My trip is coming to a close!



Well it is time for me to return back to South Dakota....I had a wonderful time, have learned many things while in California.  I have learned that California is a state that is always short on getting rain and when it does rain, the roads become like ice causing many accidents. On one given day there were 750 accidents.  I have learned there many different cultures and that some areas have been named for them like Korea town, Little India and Little Vietnam. I have learned that if you are late in getting some place you can always use the excuse.  "I got caught in traffic".  All in all it is a beautiful state with many mountain ranges and many beaches along the ocean, but the traffic is something you have to get used to.  Learned in California you use minutes instead of miles when telling a distance and that left and right is used instead of north, south, east and west. 
When wanting a soft drink, it is called soda.
We did have one earthquake will in California.  It was a 4.1 and centered 25 miles south from our house.
Uncle Clarence and Aunt Faye have been very good to me, taking me on an airplane to Portland, Or and staying in Vancouver, Washington along with all my time spent in California.
It has been fun just hanging around the house, watching the golfers and watching Uncle Clarence and Aunt Faye play Yahtzee every day and waiting at home while they go to the clubhouse to workout and swim.
Aunt Faye added the KINGS!!!

Thanks to everyone and "God Bless America".
Love and Hugs!!!!

Flat Stanley-waiting to be put in the envelope to be sent back home.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Flat Stanley had a great time in California! We haven't received him yet and today is our last day of school, but we will make sure Jellyfish gets him when he arrives!
    Love,
    Jellyfish and the Class of 2022

    ReplyDelete