Monday, March 21, 2011

To my dearest Duck, This is the first part of the story about Stanley's trip to India


First of all I want to apologise to everyone especially Duck, because it took me sooo long to upload the pictures of Stanley. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance or time to upload pictures during my stay in India.
Now that I'm back home in Germany I have enough time to tell Stanley's tale!

Stanley was lucky enough to travel India on a Royal Enfield with me up until Christmas. On the December 25th a tragic accident happened, Stanley was stolen with my handbag, but luckily I was able to take some pictures before that happened.

He was staying with me in McLeod Ganj, Northindia (6,831 feet).
What is so special about this place?- Well, it is known as "Little Lhassa" due to its large population of Tibetan Refugees. The Tibetan government in exile is headquartered in McLeod Ganj.
But the most spec
ial fact about this place is that His Holiness The Dalai Lama lives in McLeod Ganj, he is the spiritual leader of all Tibetan Buddhist people. In the picture on the right you can see Stanley in a Buddhist temple next to the Tibetan prayer wheels.


This is Stanley on beautiful Sunday morning, having English breakfast on my favourite roof top restaurant in McLeod Ganj. He was enjoying the warm weather very much, considering that back home during November it is VERY cold!




Stanley was a big part of my daily life! Everyday he was with me when I volunteered at the Rogpa Shop & Cafe.
Rogpa is Charitable Trust, where volunteers sell coffee, tea and pastries, to financially support the
Rogpa Baby Care Center.
Single mothers from the Tibetan community send their kids to the
Rogpa Baby Care Center for free, so they can attend work and make a living.
So
Stanley was helping me every day prepare tea and coffee for the customers and also he would help me bake the brownies and other cakes I had to prepare for the day.
In the background you can see the lovely manager of the cafe, Sangmo, she also like Duck very much!


Tomorrow you get the second part of
Stanley 's India travel....

Hugs & Kisses

Julia

3 comments:

  1. Dear Julia! Thank you sooo much for showing us about Stanley's adventures with you! It is ok that you didn't have time before to post about your time together. That's too bad that he was stolen on Christmas! I really like the pictures! He looks great on the motorcycle!
    Love~
    Duck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Julia, When Flat Stanley was on the motorcycle he looked tiny! Brownies are my favoite snack! Maybe Flat Stanley could make some brownies with me. You guys are lucky you got GRREAT weather. Those Tibetan prayer wheels are awesome! I hope you both have a great Easter! I have a new Easter dress! It has green, purple and blue polkadots. I REALLY miss both of you guys! I hope you guys both had a good trip. Love, The DeKam family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Julia,
    We were wondering if Flat Stanley actually got to drive the motorcycle. Could his feet reach the pedals?? Did the police try to help you get your purse and Flat Stanley back? We heard you lost your passport and had a difficult time getting a new one. We can only hope Flat Stanley is having a good adventure with whoever he is with now!
    Love,
    Duck and the Class of 2021

    ReplyDelete