Thursday, December 9, 2010

First few days in Tempe AZ

Hi Everyone, My travels to AZ was uneventful. I arrived just before Thanksgiving. What a different temperature change. The weather was in the 50-60's a little different than what I came from. Thanksgiving Day we had the usual Turkey dinner with all the trimmings. We were joined with family and friends. The next day I was awaken at 3:00 am to go shopping on Black Friday. I could not believe people had been camping out since the day before, some at 10 AM. After early shopping and drinking hot cocoa to give me energy, I only had a short nap before we were off again to do more shopping at the outdoor mall. Saturday was another busy day with Christmas decorating both inside and outside. We went to get a real tree at the local tree place. Tempe AZ does not have snow but the weather was cold, so it felt a little like Christmas. I thought I would get to rest but after attending church, we were off to Las Vegas. I will be writing more later about my adventures to Las Vegas NV. Take Care Deer

1 comment:

  1. Did you or Flat Stanley find any bargains on your Black Friday shopping trip? Only one of our second graders went shopping early that morning. Did Flat Stanley help decorate the tree? Our teacher was in Las Vegas, NV over Thanksgiving. She went to the Barry Manilow Concert there. Did Flat Stanley go to any good shows or concerts in Las Vegas also?
    Love,
    Deer and the Class of 2021

    ReplyDelete